Monday, September 2, 2013

Great Expectations


Do you remember the last time you had a craving for something? I’m not talking about a time in which you temporarily pondered acquiring that oh so special something. I’m referring to those cravings that are guilty of tampering with your sense self control. You talk about, think about, and sometimes even smell your craving at the most impromptu moments. I couldn’t count on one hand the amount of times this has happened to me. I’ll see something on television or in a magazine, and later find myself daydreaming; only to be woken up by a mouth-watering sensation.
This ladies and gentlemen, is the exact moment I find motivation to hunt CHOCOLATE CAKE! Trust me when I say I will go on a quest to find a rich, smooth, licentious piece of perfection. Unfortunately, there has been too many times that the slice I find is everything but perfection. I’m talking dry, bland, with frosting so cloyingly sweet that I’m turned off and disappointed after one bite. By now I’m sure you’re asking yourself the same question I did. “Brandy, you’re more than capable. Why not make your own chocolate cake?!” You’re right… it’s time to make the cake I’ve not only been craving but dreaming about. It’s time to fulfill my great expectations.
            It was only a matter of time before I began foraging through my pantry to find all the right ingredients. Low and behold, I had just enough of what I needed to satisfy my (and your soon to be your) craving for mug cake.  Fifteen minutes later, (from start to finish) my mouth connected with my first warm, flavorful,  and luscious piece of mug cake.  I kid you not, something happened to me at that very moment. My eyes closed, head propelled back as if earth’s gravitational pull increased exponentially. It was the closest thing to a state of euphoria that I’ve ever experienced. I had to lean on the table so that I wouldn’t fall over. This was the most rich, chocolaty, decadent piece of chocolate cake I had ever eaten. If you’re not blown away yet, you wont believe that it only took 3 minutes in the microwave. Don’t believe me? Try it yourself feel free to thank me later 
Ingredient:
-       4 T self rising flour
-       4T granulated sugar
-       1 egg
-       3T cocoa powder
-       3T nutella (surprise!)
-       3T olive or vegetable oil
-       3T whole milk
-        

Directions:
-       Combine all ingredients in a decent size mug.
-       Place mug in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (depending on your microwave)
-       Watch carefully to prevent overcooking
-       Enjoy your delicious treat


2 comments: